Broccoli, Zucchini and Red Pepper Medley

With the olive oil glistening in the sunlight, the colors of this dish are spectacular.

This turned out so pretty,  I just had to share it with you!

Broccoli, Zucchini and Red Pepper Medley   Serves 4

4 small zucchini, cut into 2" slices, lengthwise
1 large red pepper, julienned
2 large heads of broccoli florets
8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
Olive Oil
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper

Microwave broccoli for 4 minutes.  Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute 4 cloves of garlic in oil until transparent.  Add zucchini and red peppers.  Cover & cook on medium heat until soft.  Remove from heat, place into large bowl. 
Add more oil into the pan, and saute remaining garlic until crispy.  Using a slotted spoon, remove the broccoli from the bowl and add to pan, a little at a time, coating with the oil as you add.  Let cook until broccoli is just barely softened.
Remove from pan, toss with zucchini & red peppers, adding salt and pepper to taste.

 

Comments

  1. I love these veggies, can't wait to try this one Liz! I thought my pepper plants were done but I looked yesterday and there are new peppers growing on them again! The few I had were very tasty! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz! This recipe looks so good...I love squash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummmm !
    I love veggies so much so this would be great to try ~
    My daughter loves to cook so I will send her over too ~
    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment